Timex launched a superior running watch earlier this year, perhaps ahead of its time! The Timex Ironman ONE GPS+ is the only running watch that has a built in music player, SOS & Live Tracking feature and the ability to send/receive messages - all from your watch - without having your phone with you! As a long-time runner, I can say this watch has changed my running experience for the better.
My top favorites for this watch is the touch screen, the ability to load/listen to music from the watch to my Bluetooth headphones and the Live Tracking feature (especially important being a female who runs solo a lot). I don't find this watch too big or too heavy (and I have small wrists). I've used it to tell my husband to come pick me up when I wasn't feeling well on a run, and he was able to find exactly where I was! I also have a friend who has her husband wear the watch when he goes on long motorcycle rides so she can find him if something happens.
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the watch - just contact me through the 'Contact' link on my site. Happy running!
Here's the scoop on this watch: BASICS
1. All-in-one solution provides GPS fitness tracking, built-in music player, phone-free communication and a clear color, touchscreen display
2. 50-Meter Water Resistance - try that with the Apple Watch!
*GPS reception and cellular services not available with watch in water
3. Rechargeable Li-Ion battery with 8hr life in full GPS and cellular-connected mode (4hr life when music player is also running.)
4. The watch is EMAIL based. It does not text and no microphone. It has its own email address
associated to it based on the person’s login who activated it (i.e. email@example.com)
5. The ONE GPS+ is different than the Samsung Gear S since it is a sports watch that allows you to be connected w/o your phone.
6. Unlike the Apple watch, the ONE GPS+ does not need to be paired to your phone for the majority of the functionality to work.
7. Yes, the watch does have a SIM (subscriber identity module) card. It cannot be taken out and is used for the messaging capabilities of the watch.
1-year of AT&T data
• service included with purchase. After the first year the cost will be approx $40/year.
• Built-in connection to mobile network allows to send and receive email-based messages directly from the device with pre-set messages or use the keyboard to compose your own.
Pace & Distance
• Integrated Instafix GPS sensor tracks workouts, providing pace and distance. Workouts can be
uploaded instantly (phone free) to 3rd party fitness sites like Runkeeper, MapMyFitness, Strava, etc
• Additional performance features include customizable interval timers, audible and vibrating pace and heart rate alerts and notifications when you've achieved a personal record
Bluetooth® compatibility with heart rate monitor, foot pod and wireless headphones
• Allow your friends to track your workout or race.
• Designate “Angels” to see your location anytime the watch is on.
• Send a SOS message from the watch anytime you need urgent help.
• Device stores up to 4GB (around 1000 songs) and streams to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. Simply drag and drop songs from iTunes.